Friday, May 20, 2011


PAPA'S HERE!!!
Yaaaaawhooooo....Papa's home. This week was a fun week at our house. No more Ms. Barbs. The Kowboys get to hang out with Papa. In the summer my dad spends quite a bit of time at our house which means, fun, fun, and more fun. And, high amounts of high fructose corn syrup. But, lets be honest, that's part of the fun of Papa.
This week I worked Thurs. and Fri. Exhausting I know. The wild ones got to stay with my dad. I don't know who enjoys this time more, them or my dad. It's gotta be a close tie. My dad is 76, and every year when he comes home I am surprised at how well he keeps up with the boys. I mean, come on, there's days when I'm exhausted by 11a.m.
My dad loads them up in the car, buckles Hank up, and off they go. Usually to McDonalds and then the dollar store. Today they switched it up and went to Kids Korner. Hank had freetos and a licorice rope for lunch. Yep, that's what you can do when your the Papa and not the momma.
I love the memories that my kids will have of my dad. He has so much patience with them. He thinks everything they do is hysterical and adorable. Never mind how smart they are....I mean that's been obvious since I fist told him I was pg with the B.Herb.
The Kowboys will smell like my dad's aftershave from now until October. They'll take turns snuggling him at night. They'll frequent every restaurant in Oneida county. They'll play games that mom probably wouldn't allow (like the Dora 4 wheeler in the living room for example.) And ya wanna know something? I'm the one that loves it the most. Enjoy your children and your parents. Life is good and I am blessed.

1 comment: