Sunday, May 1, 2011

Brewer for life




I would like to give a big shout out to Ryan Braun. I'm quite sure he has no idea what his becoming a Brewer for life means to our family. I know, I know......all of Milwaukee is geeked, but seriously, it fails in comparison to the Kowboys excitement.




Last summer, Brody wore 2 things. A Ryan Braun baseball shirt and a tuxedo. One day last fall, Hankie asked Brody if he could wear the shirt. Brody, being Brody, thought about it for a few seconds and then decided it was o.k. as long as I washed it as soon as Hank was done. Lets face it folks, I don't think I would of been prouder if he would've given Hank a kidney. A vital organ is not as important to Brody as that shirt.



Brody has also asked me "momma, can you put me back in your stomach and grow me again? And this time when I come out name me Ryan Braun Kowieski?" Really, how cute is that?



I'm sure over the next few years my pitching skills will be greatly tested (and hopefully improved). We spend lots of evenings in the driveway where Brody tries to hit a ball over the roof (home run,) and in Grandpa's field. The other day we were down in the field, I was pitching Brody was batting, Hank was in the bull pen, and Lulu was the outfielder. Grandpa came down and told me that when he was buying his house the "field" was a strong selling point. Having 4 boys he knew it would be the perfect. But, he never imagined 30 years later he'd be watching his grandsons playing.



When I was pregnant with Brody, Brad and I went to a Brewer game. We were sitting behind the dug out and I yelled down to one of the players (don't ask me who,) "hey throw me a ball" while pointing to my baby belly. The guy threw one up, I caught it.....yeah, yeah, fine, Brad caught it, and a few months later we had a B.Herb. Brody loves this story. I always tell him the player knew the baby in momma's belly was gonna be a future Brewer.



So, in the spirit of summer, I'm going to enjoy the sound of my kids falling asleep to Uecker. And, Brody declaring it's bedtime because it's 7:38 p.m., or in his words " seven, three, Ryan Braun."




No comments:

Post a Comment