Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mountain Lion. Not really.

I am sitting here listening to my kids sobbing in bed. Papa left for Arizona. Damn you Wisconsin winters. Just so you don't think I am leaving my kids broken hearted in bed while I search pinterest, etsy and NieNie blogs.....I have been comforting them for an hour. Now, it's time for the little monkies to fall asleep. God bless them....xoxoxoxo
Since I am in need of a good laugh...I'll tell you a classic Ebeth story.

The other day I was driving home from Iron River and was about half way to Eagle River. For those of you that don't live here, it is a huge beautiful forest area. I drove past a lady speed walking (side note....that freaks me out. I mean, just jog. The arm swinging thing scares me.) I thought "weird?" I have no idea where she came from as it is the middle of no where. About 5 miles down the road I see something moving in the woods. MOUNTAIN LION.

I screamed. Slowed down and pulled over. Huge yellow tail. Pointy ears. I grabbed my Iphone tried to snap a pic and then realized "Oh my gosh.....that lady....I need to go tell her there is a mountain lion and give her a ride. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she got attacked and he ate her face off and used her jugular vein for dental floss." So I quickly turned the car around. Started speeding toward her and the mountain lion picked his head up.

Ummm...wait a minute? I didn't know mountain lions wore collars. Blue collars with tags. Dog tags. Ooopsie. Guess it was a yellow lab/germain sheperd mix.

Sorry lady. Enjoy your walk. In my defense...they have seen them in Eagle River. Confirmed sightings. With pictures. And no dog collars.

No comments:

Post a Comment