Monday, October 3, 2011

That poor Jehovah Witness




I let my kids wear whatever they want. Whatever. Whether it be a tuxedo, tiger costume, Obi-Won Kenobi, or in todays case....an Indian costume. (He did have to wear a shirt when we ran errands.) But, all day B was wearing the head feather, my necklace, and the weapon belt. Today just may have been the funniest day of my life. Ever.


B and my dad were playing Indians outside when somebody knocked on my door. I, thinking it was Grammie, yelled "quiet dogs.....shhhhhhh.....come in" Only to find a Jehovah Witness standing at my door. Ok, let me preface this story by saying I mean no disrespect to people of that religion. They are just as entitled to their beliefs as I. So, now that we have the politically correctness out of the way....oh and B was playing Native American.....here's the story. So, I walk to the door and say "can I help you?" And she says "yes, I noticed you have children and I would like to offer you some information on how to raise responsible children" Trust me lady...your gonna need more than a 20 page glossy book for that. Anyway, she then proceeds before I can get a word in to start reading me some passages from her book.


While she is reading her book....I can see B sneaking up behind her out of the woods. She stops half way through the passage and says "it is very difficult to raise a child in this violent world....with all this violence" Meanwhile, B is crouched behind her in his Indian pounce position...holding his knife out. Seriously people, you can't make this stuff up.


I am in hysterical laughter....she turns around and says "maybe I can come back another time." And drove quickly away.....crying....in a fetal position.


I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment