Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busted

B.Herb totally busted Kovi today. Last night Brad took the boys fishing off the dock. (I was golfing.) This morning Brad left early for golf and got home about 2:00. Cptn Safety, AKA Brody made daddy spill the beans. As soon as he walked in the door and sat down, here's how the conversation went
Brody "daddy, are you going to tell momma about Hankaroo?"
Brad "what?"
Brody "you know"
Brad "what, that Hank had fun fishing?"
Brody "nope, not that daddy."
Brad "Hank fell off the dock last night and didn't have his life jacket on"

slight pause.....for effect....me "What...What....What?" (Picture the mom on the phone in the Christmas Story.)

Ok, this is one of those married moments where you want to pick up a steak knive and throw it at your husbands head. (Mental image of that happening...followed by me now having to get a job making license plates during my hour out of cell block 6.)Yoga breaths....count to 10 and as calmly as I can say "Oh, that must be why he said his ear hurt from the "water" that got in it.

As I may have mentioned before I am a little over the top with safety. But, I don't think demanding they wear life jackets on the dock is that crazy. Asking that they wear life jackets when he takes them ice fishing for fear they are going to fall into the hole...little wierd. But, on the dock? C'mon. Case in point Kovi. And, I'm going to go with my good old trusty "ya, every parent who had a child drown thought it was going to happen." And, you better believe Brad heard that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment