Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 11, 2011


Today we lost our Louie Lamour Lipsmacker Fruitloop Kowieski. It was a sad, sad day in our house. Lulu has been blind for some time, but was doing just fine. On Friday night we went out for dinner and when we got home she was not doing well. She wasn't able to get out the door by herself or make her way through the house. Brad and I went to bed with high hopes she had just had a wierd spell of some sort. Sat. morning didn't bring much luck.
We sat the boys down and explained to them that Lu's eyes had gotten really bad, she was really sick, and daddy and I had done everything we could to try to help her. Brody asked if we could "just get her contacts or glasses?" We then explained to them that the vet was going to give her some medicine and the angels would come and take her to heaven. Hankie said "we'll get to see her some day when we are in heaven." Ohhh, break my heart.
I love you Lu. I'll never forget when dad and I (yes, I'm one of those people who refers to Brad and I as mom and dad to our pets) went to pick you up. You came slinking out of your doggie foster house and crawled up in my lap. All 120 lbs. of you. It was a done deal. I wasn't leaving without you. I love your lip smaking and microphone snout. Thank you for keeping such close watch on the Kowboys when they played in the yard. You're a good girl Louie.

3 comments:

  1. I just found out last night, I'm so sorry Elizabeth! She was one of the best dogs ever, we sure loved her. I know she's having a blast playing with all the other doggies up there! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying....again. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete