Saturday, July 16, 2011

Found it!


This my friends is the infamous squirrel. Brody got best in class on Wednesday(Karate), and Mr. B gives the little kids a toy. Hank also got best in class and received a pack of stickers.
Wednesday hubs and I went on a date and when we got home the babysitter said the kids were up a little later looking for the squirrel. Hank told Brody he "hid it and he's never gonna find it." As the babysitter is telling us this Brody yells from his bedroom "Hank's in big trouble!"
Well, let me tell you people. Hank is a steal trap. I'm not above bribing-free parenting lesson: try bribing, it works great. I told him I'd give him $1 if he went and got the squirrel. Nothing. I told him I would take his stickers and he wouldn't get them back until he found the squirrel. Nothing. So, I tried "don't you go get the squirrel, whatever you do don't get the squirrel." Nothing. At this point, I had no more tricks up my sleeve and told Brods to try to recall the last place his saw the squirrel. Brody said "in Hank's hands." Well, that's not gonna help is it?
But today, Brody pushed out the couch and lord and behold there was the squirrel. He looked at Hank and said "Hankie.....how did my squirrel get back here." And yep, the steal trap said "I told you I don't know." Ummmmm hmmmmmm.......we have a phantom toy hider in our house. Beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment